Friday 17 July 2009

podcast access via mobile devices vs laptop/PC 'big screen' access

I am writing while I’m attending the ICEL conference. I’ve presented my research paper earlier today and have received some good questions afterwards.

The issue of rss feeds vs video streaming or rather viewing podcasts on a mobile device vs viewing the same file on a laptop/PC was of interest to several other delegates.
One person asked whether the uptake of using mobile devices to access the podcasts might have been greater if we had offered (some) audio-only podcasts. From my own experience I know that it is actually quite difficult to find the time to watch video podcasts on my iPod. (I have downloaded some good podcasts about photography – ‘the art of photography’). The only place I really watch these podcasts is in the gym! Otherwise, I do actually only stick to listening to audio podcasts, as I can do this while walking, etc.
So, perhaps .. this is a similar issue that our students face?

No comments:

Post a Comment